Sunday 20 March 2016

Quick and not so dirty

Quick and Dirty

When I first approached this design I took the section lines of the skiff,

and simply rounded the chine corners. Then I adjusted the rounding so that the curves were parallel. I also narrowed the pram bow at the waterline to give a finer entry


I then went through the process of waterlines, buttocks and diagonals to get this,


 

Compare that to this, which is the hull we've developed over the past few weeks

 Here's a comparison of the sections side by side, the red being the lines developed from the skiff by rounding and the black being our skiff, and also superimposed.

On the face of it I can't see much difference and it was very much quicker. Our skiff is a little finer in the bows and the Q&D version has a bit more displacement, that's about it.

Now that that is done I will run some numbers on the two versions to see what difference, if any, there is.


No comments:

Post a Comment